Monday, June 6, 2011

Emergency Dinner #1!! Revamped Pasta Salad

Have you ever planned to make something ALL DAY that apparently no one else wants to eat? This is what I did..


Heidi's Emergency Dinner Replacement:
Sausage Salad!

Contents:

Boiled Shell Pasta
3/4 Can of Corn *
5 Sausage links* - fried on the stove top, and sliced into thin circles.
Lettuce *
Box of Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad (Shells) *
1 Cup of Mayonnaise
1/3 Bottle Italian Dressing.
Sliced Raw Onion *
Slices of Cooked chicken breast*

*'s - leftovers of things that I was going to throw soon anyway.

I sliced the sausage links into circles. I fried them on the stovetop in a little oil. I put them on a paper towel to drain off the extra oil and left them aside to cool. I boiled the shells pasta and pasta salad shells together. I drained them and rinsed them well. I chopped the lettuce into strips. I made the Pasta Salad mix with extra mayonnaise to account for all the extra ingredients. I mixed all of the above ingredients together. It was delicious and everyone loved it.. And all my left overs were gone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment